FreeBSD 5.2.1 startup issue after adding MySQL daemon fireup line in /etc/rc.conf

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Thu Sep 23 04:54:48 PDT 2004

simon butsana <spbutsana at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a machine that worked fine a couple of hours ago.
>
> After installing MySQL everything went OK and I have been able to shutdown
> and restart it several times.
>
> After FreeBSD startup, I had to manually launch the following command to
> manually launch the MySQL server daoemon:
>
> shell#support-files/mysql.server -u root -p start
>
> I expected the computer to prompt for MySQL admin password after OS
> startup but it just fails and I cannot anymore gain access to system.
>
> Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Read this information on how to start ports at boot:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/configtuning-starting-services.html

Last time I installed MySQL, it installed a script for me.  Check to
see if one is there that just requires enabling per section 11.5.1

HTH

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies