About X-windows

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Sep 21 05:19:47 PDT 2004

ÿffffc6ÿffffdc ÿffffd5ÿffffc5 <oalfishwu at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

> After I started my x-windows, there is just a mesh-like stuff on the
> screen.And it will also displays several terminals.However, I can't
> see start menu and anything else. I installed my BSD under Vmware.And
> my displayer adapter is Mobility Radeon 7500.My laptop is IBM T40.I
> want to know is this because of the driver of the display adapter or
> anything else. How to solve this problem.

Please wrap your lines around 72 characters, see
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html

X is fine, you are using a minimal display manager, which doesn't have
all the fancy features you are looking for.

See this section of the handbook for more information:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11-wm.html

But what makes you think you'll get a "start" menu in any case?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies