need help: install jdk14

BSDjunkie gooober33-freebsd at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 19:46:28 PDT 2004

--- Chiang Seng Chang <cs at ctzen.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> the error:
>
>  >> Checksum OK for
> rpm/libstdc++-2.96-112.7.1.i386.rpm.
> ===>  Patching for linux_base-7.1_7
> ===>   linux_base-7.1_7 depends on executable: rpm -
> found
> ===>  Configuring for linux_base-7.1_7
> ===>  Installing for linux_base-7.1_7
> ===>  linux_base-7.1_7 conflicts with installed
> package(s):
>        linux_base-debian-3.0.23_1
>        They install files into the same place.
>        Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base.
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14.
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.

Chiang,

Been there myself.

You need to load a kernel module:

kldload linprocfs.ko

and then mount the linux process file system.

I have in my /etc/fstab:

linprocfs               /compat/linux/proc   linprocfs
  rw     0       0

(the above should only be on one line)

After mounting the linprocfs and doing a 'make clean',
then recompiling I was able to get java installed.

I know it takes a long time to compile...but it was
the only way that I could get it to work myself.

Hope this helps,

Mark Withers