k3b cannot locate growisofs executable

BSDjunkie gooober33-freebsd at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 15:40:55 PDT 2004

FreeBSD users:

I have yet another question....

I installed k3b for cd/dvd burning, however whenever I
try to burn a DVD, I get the error message:

'unable to find growisofs executable'

It's in /usr/local/bin and '/usr/local/bin' is in the
paths that k3b searches...

I tried pkg_delete dvd+rw-tools, then I did a
portinstall sysutils/dvd+rw-tools (from /usr/ports
directory) to reinstall it.

Just can't make k3b find it....all other executables
and plugins that it needs are present and have the
green check next to them in the 'programs' section of
the configuration.

I'm using k3b.0.11.12 with kde 3.2.3

When I type in the commandline growisofs --version, I
get:
rowisofs by <appro at fy.chalmers.se>, version 5.21

Any pointers, as always are appreciated...

Maybe reinstall k3b ?

Thanks for listening....

Mark Withers