Core System Update

Kenneth A. Bond fhb_1969 at yahoo.ca
Mon Sep 20 11:10:40 PDT 2004

Hello,
I am trying to determine how often to update my systems.
Currently I am using anoncvs in order to synch my source.
>From there I run the typical

# make buildworld
# make buildkernel
# make installkernel
#
# mergemaster -p# make installworld# mergemaster# reboot

Should I only perform this when a security vulnerability is found?

I am trying to achieve maximum uptime for these systems and want to confirm how often I should perform a core system update.

Please advise.

Computers are like Air Conditioners: They stop working properly if you open Windows.