Portinstall problem (config.guess not found)

Philip Payne philip.payne at uk.mci.com
Mon Sep 20 02:30:36 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when trying to build any port.

	/usr/ports/<portname>/work/config.guess: No such file or directory.

I've googled & searched the mailing list archives which gave 2 suggestions.

Autoconf or libtool have got fubar'd and I should reinstall and/or to cvsup
& update the ports index.

I tried both & neither succeeded. Boo :-(

Now if a port tries to re-install libtool, it also bums out with the above
error.

I'm using Freebsd-5.3-beta4.

Does anyone have further suggestions on what the error could be and how it
can be resolved?

Thanks,
Phil.