deleting mails

susmit sarkar susmit1976 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 06:37:15 PDT 2004

Dear Sir/Madam,

I know that the question I am asking might sound very stupid. But it has me really perplexed. It relates to Unix mail. I use the d command to delete mails. Like
d <message_number>
or
d <message-list>
But sometimes I find that the mails get deleted and sometimes not. I want the mails that I delete to be deleted sure shot. I have tried exiting using q but still the mails are there when I check back later. We have a BSD system. Please advise me how I can delete mail that I want deleted without the fear of it reappearing again when I log in and check the next time.

Regards
Susmit