Question

Lewis Thompson lewiz at fajita.org
Sun Sep 19 06:00:36 PDT 2004

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 08:16:39PM -0400, Hotmail wrote:
> I Bought from you FreeBSD 4.10 v, my main concern after I installed it
> in my laptop I have trouble defining my network wireless card "Linksys
> wireless -B" and the network, How can I do that?. Also Do I need the
> device wi0?, and how can I find it?

I have a Linksys Wireless-B PCI card and it's not the same as all of the
other Linksys wireless cards.  It is not supported by FreeBSD.  However,
if you are willing to get your hands dirty you could upgrade to 5.3BETA4
and then play with if_ndis, which will allow you to use a Windows
driver.  It works really well for my Sony wireless card.

  Best wishes,

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:lewiz at fajita.org | jabber:lewiz at jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-