Question

stheg olloydson stheg_olloydson at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 21:55:27 PDT 2004

It was said:

>Hi,
>
>  I Bought from you FreeBSD 4.10 v, my main concern after I installed
it >in my laptop I have trouble defining my network wireless card
"Linksys
>wireless -B" and the network, How can I do that?. Also Do I need the
>device wi0?, and how can I find it?
>
>  Sincerely,
>
> Ramez.

Hello,

Welcome to FreeBSD! I don't have a solution for you, but I can tell you
where to find it. Check the Handbook at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.html
(URL may have wrapped). Also, you can check the list archives through
http://www.freebsd.org/search/search.html#mailinglists
(URL may have wrapped). Also, check google. FreeBSD and Linksys are
pretty common, so your question may be answered on a website.
If you still can't find the information you need, repost to the list on
Monday. The list is fairly quiet on the weekends, so you will have a
much better chance of getting a more informative answer than mine.
As you are new to FreeBSD, you ought to read
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-questions/article.html

(URL may have wrapped). It explains how to most easily get the greatest
amount of help from the list.

HTH,

Stheg