DVD question...

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Sat Sep 18 19:44:16 PDT 2004

Hey list!

I'm a BSD guy for servers & such. My own server (wingfoot) runs
4.10-STABLE, and my last job was 95% FreeBSD in the data center.

I'm getting sick of Windows on my desktop at home. (No kidding, right?!)
I'd really really really love to move my desktop to FBSD. One thing is
really holding me back.

In Windows, I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 7, which allows me to
manipulate AVI/MPEG streams, and format a DVD video disc and burn it,
using my nifty TDK DVD 8x +/-RW drive.

I'm pretty sure I can find AVI/MPEG editing packages for BSD easy enough.

But I'm having a dickens of a time finding something that will let me
author DVDs. Any pointing in directions or help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks, everyone, in advance!
Best,
Glenn

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759