X.org performance?

Benjamin Walkenhorst krylon at gmx.net
Sat Sep 18 16:56:26 PDT 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 01:43:22 +0200
bkhl at elektrubadur.se (Björn Lindström) wrote:

> Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon at gmx.net> writes:
>
> > Or is it just my perception tricking me, while Xorg is not that
> > different from XFree, technically?
>
> Is your configuration identical? Using certain modules can cost some
> cycles, for instance, so if you also started using any of those with
> your switch, that could explain your impression.

Mmmh, I did not touch the configuration file at all.
Haven't looked at it in a while, actually.
I'll look there and try to disable unused/unneccessary modules.

Thanks,
Benjamin

--
If cars had improved at [the computer industry's] rate, a Rolls Royce
would now cost 10 dollars and get a billion miles per gallon.