Courier IMAP, MySQL, Postfix and Maildrop

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Fri Sep 17 20:59:37 PDT 2004

Has anybody setup the combination of  Courier IMAP, MySQL, Postfix and
Courier Maildrop and managed to get it to work?

I am so close I could just scream, but I can not get any of the Courier
components to work!

I get postfix to query my MySQL database just fine so it will accept
recipient mail.  However, when I try to get courier maildrop to deliver
the mail I get:

fuggle# maildrop -d test at veldy.com
Invalid user specified.

There is no record of it querying the database even though I know I have
the maildropmysql.config setup correctly (tabs, no spaces .... etc).  As
a matter of fact, it doesn't seem to matter what is in the file and just
touching it results in the same thing!

I am having the same problem with Courier IMAP, it doesn't seem to read
the database either and I have setup authmysqlrc appropriately as well
and placed authmysql at the front of the authmodulelist.

Does anybody have any ideas what I should look for to solve this
problem?  It is truly maddening.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Veldhouse