Which Laser Printer for FreeBSD

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Fri Sep 17 06:28:21 PDT 2004

Chris Hill writes:

>  > I thought about the HP Laserjet 6L or something in this
>  > category. Any advice?
>
>  The two HP LaserJets I've had were both excellent - no problems
>  at all, good results, easy to set up.

	The LaserJet series have an excellent and long-standing record
for reliability; there are LJ IIs out there merrily chugging away.
(I don't know about the various x000 series, but I would assume they
haven't lost the touch.)
	I'll second the recommendation to get something with native
PostScript; and maje sure whatever you get has the ability to add
generic memory.

				Robert Huff
				happy owner of a LJ 6MP
				upgraded with 16 MB of 30-pin SIMM