linprocfs

dev web dev_web at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 02:05:34 PDT 2004

I have a application that runs under linux emulation, its a server manager
for battlefield vietnam, basically it monitors the game server process and
sends commands etc. The game server runs without a problem, the server
monitor runs ok however when i start the game server from the remote manager
the server manager looses connection to the game server. It appears to think
that the game server has crashed, even thou it hasnt. The remote manager
then has no more control over the game server. whilst the game server
happily carries on loading

Ive done some research into this and im pretty sure its happeneing becuase
the server montior is looking for a file called /proc/<pid>/exe this file
sits happily under /compat/linux/proc/<pid>/exe the server manager cant find
the file so it thinks the game server has died. The folder /proc/<pid> does
exsit and ive read that the "exe" file in /compat/linux/<pid> is the same as
/proc/<pid>/file but I cant confirm this.

Can anybody help ?

Thanks