what are the pros and cons of running in single user?

Thu Sep 16 08:22:31 PDT 2004

jan, I agree with what you say about tuning the startup scripts. In my
relatively limited experience as a system admin., I think this is the
'better' thing to do. Perhaps you would agree. My next step is to
understand the kernel security levels and what each one entails. But,
that I can, hopefully, look up.

thanks,
alex