need help configuring XServer

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Thu Sep 16 06:50:12 PDT 2004

You haven't given us any information about what you've done (or tried to
do), so I'll do a little guessing.

There are several utilities for configuring X, but xf86cfg (the
graphical utility) is most newbie friendly, in my opinion. You can also
access it through sysinstall. I have found that it often ends in an
error message saying that it didn't configure properly, yet when you
startx, it's OK.

regards,
Robert