Supported Hardware

Ray Smith rays at cms.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 15 18:43:27 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Apologies for the cross posting.

I have just received a box with the an Intel SE7210TP1 motherboard, and was
wondering if anyone has been able to get FreeBSD running on it? I could'nt
find it in the supported list of hardware, but though I would give it a go
anyway. I have installed 5.2.1 but have run in to problems with the
networking. There are two built in network cards an Intel PRO/100+ 82551QM,
and an Intel PRO/1000 82547EI. Both seem to be detected, and I can set up
the network parameters, but neither seem to work. I am able to ping
internally, but nothing leaves the box.

This is my first attempt at installing FreeBSD, so hopefully there's
something I have missed, or is my hardware not yet supported? Any suggestions?

Best reagrds,
Ray.

-----
Ray Smith
Centre for Musculoskeletal Studies
School of Surgery & Pathology
University of Western Australia (CRICOS Provider No. 00126G)
Royal Perth Hospital
Medical Research Foundation Bldg
Rear 50 Murray St, Perth, Western Australia, 6000
Ph:     +61 8 9224 0307
Fax:    +61 8 9224 0204
Email:  rays at cms.uwa.edu.au