Reproducible panic kldunloading nvidia

Christopher Rued c.rued at xsb.com
Tue Sep 14 09:29:41 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I recently noticed (while updating my ports) that attempting to unload
the nvidia driver causes the kernel to panic.
I can load/unload other modules without a problem.  If I kldunload
nvidia, it immediately panics with a fatal trap
12.

   * The nvidia driver port version is nvidia-driver-1.0.6113

   * uname -a output:
        FreeBSD ool-18beb73b.dyn.optonline.net 4.10-PRERELEASE FreeBSD
4.10-PRERELEASE #0: Wed Apr 28 10:26:54 EDT 2004

root at ool-18bacefa.dyn.optonline.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FRANKENSTEIN  i386

   * It might be significant that I do not currently have an nvidia card
installed in this machine (I did at one point).

Any idea what might be wrong here?

Any hints on how I can gather more info. to file a bug report if that
becomes necessary?

Thanks,

--Chris

PS: Please be sure to include my email address in any reply, as I am not
subscribed to this list.