showing which path a user program runs from?

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 04:00:19 PDT 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:37:33 -0400, robg <robg.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi, say im the user 'rob' and i have the same program in two seperate
> folders in my /home dir and run both.. if i run ps it shows me im
> running both, but how can i find out which location folder is running
> which program shown in ps

Try using the -w option to the ps commandline more than once:

ps auxww

that should give you a complete listing that includes the full
commandline.  See the manpage for more info on ps:

     -w      Use 132 columns to display information, instead of the default
             which is your window size.  If the -w option is specified more
             than once, ps will use as many columns as necessary without
             regard for your window size.

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer