5.2.1-RELEASE and install.cfg unable to find ad0s1b dev node

Ivan Fetch ifetch at du.edu
Mon Sep 13 17:13:18 PDT 2004

Hello,

    I've searched the mailing lists and found others with this issue, but
haven't found a solution yet - can someone point me in the right direction
please?

    When using an install.cfg file with 5.2.1-RELEASE, I get:
             Unable to find device node for /dev/ad0s1b in /dev!
             The creation of filesystems will be aborted.

    Even if I set the DiskInteractive variable before running the DiskLabel
editor, the above error still appears.

    Here is my install.cfg file:
installVarDefaults

debug=yes
# Networking Options
hostname=geo
domainname=domain.com
nameserver=192.168.0.254
defaultrouter=192.168.0.254
ipaddr=192.168.0.201
netmask=255.255.255.0
netDev=fxp0
# Install Media Options
mediaSetCDROM
# Distribution Selection
distSetKernDeveloper
# Partitioning
disk=ad0
partition=all
bootManager=boot
diskPartitionEditor
diskPartitionWrite
ad0s1-1=ufs 524288 /
ad0s1-2=swap 131072 none
ad0s1-3=ufs 524288 /var
ad0s1-4=ufs 0 /usr
# Even commenting out the above and uncomminting the below, install still
fails.
#diskInteractive=yes
diskLabelEditor
diskLabelCommit