CVS CO Error

Kenneth A. Bond fhb_1969 at yahoo.ca
Mon Sep 13 14:02:29 PDT 2004

Hello,
I am trying to update my source using CVS, as CVSup is not an option in my current environment. I am running FreeBSD 4.10.
Below are the commands that I am entering in order to perform the update, but for some reason, I am getting the following error when attempting to update my source:

lx1005# pwd
/usr/src
lx1005# setenv CVSROOT anoncvs at anoncvs.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs
lx1005# cvs co -rRELENG_4_10 src
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot write /home/ncvs/CVSROOT/val-tags: Permission denied
lx1005# whoami
root

These commands show that I am in the /usr/src directory (which is where I should be), and that I am the root user.
I was informed by another user that this was a server error, but I can't seem to get around it no matter which anoncvs server I use.

Please advise.
Thanks

Computers are like Air Conditioners: They stop working properly if you open Windows.