5.2.1/5.2current ed0: device timeout
p_much at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 07:27:42 PDT 2004
is there anything in 5.2.1-RELEASE (but not in 5.2.1
install floppies) that could make the system dont see
the interrupts from a network card anymore?
- the card configures fine, but reports immediately
- in systat I can see that I see nothing: the system
has not got any interrupt from the card.
- I compiled the most actual version of the 5.2
branch, and built a kernel without all unneeded
stuff (and disabled multiprocessor): same behaviour.
- The problem does NOT occur when booting the 5.2.1
install floppies: I installed thru that card!
- the card is some cheap ISA bus BNC.
- it is not a matter of mediaselect (not supported by
the card anyway), also the card still works when
booting another version.
Next step I would do is compare the install kernel
config with the generic one. But maybe somebody here
has a more specific idea where to look.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - Check it out!
More information about the freebsd-questions