Burning OS X .dmg disk images...

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sun Sep 12 12:09:39 PDT 2004

mailing lists at MacTutor wrote:
> Does anyone know of how to burn Mac OS X .dmg images under FBSD?

Add the .dmg files to an ISO archive using mkisofs from sysutils/cdrtools, and
burn them using burncd or sysutils/dvd+rw-tools.

> I have .dmg files from an OSX system (10.3.x) that I want to convert to
> ISO images (if necessary) for burning to cd/dvd. I can't find anything
> in the list archives about this.

Apple's .dmg format isn't recognized by anything on FreeBSD that I know of;
people who want to make an archive of files available in a cross-platform
fashion from a Mac ought to use tar, pax, or maybe zip/jar.

[ A Mac can open a .dmg file from an ISO CD-ROM just fine, of course. ]

--
-Chuck