cvsup problem Please Help

Lee Lispon lee at pogg.net
Thu Sep 9 16:18:20 PDT 2004

Hello. I am running FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE I have recently had a problem with
ports and cannot get the ports to download completely. Basically, in an effort
to save space and exclude ports that I never need like x11, japanese, etc..
I deleted these directories from the /usr/ports directory and changed by
entry in the /etc/cvsupfile from:

ports-all

to:

ports-base
ports-archivers
ports-converters
ports-databases
ports-devel
ports-editors
ports-ftp
ports-japanese
ports-security
ports-shells
ports-sysutils
ports-www
.
.
.

Unfortunatly, the next time I executed /usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 -P - /etc/cvsupfile most of my remaining ports were deleted. Ex. My intention was to have
a complte /usr/ports/www directory, however, this only contains two
directories.

apache13
php5-cgi

Also, I should have a sysutils directory. Well, in this case the directory is
completely gone. I have also notice that most Makefiles have been deleted.
I attempted to completely rebuild my ports directories from a 4.9 CD. They all
copied over fine but when I execute /usr/local/bin/cvsup (This time with the
original ports-all) all my ports are deleted again. This is very frustrating.
I hope that someone can help and I appologize for the long description.

Please send me email directly and I will followup with the resolution.

Lee