sysinstall problem

David Syphers dsyphers at u.washington.edu
Wed Sep 8 14:19:04 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 12:57 pm, Gene Bomgardner wrote:
> I'm not sure how to use pkg_add directly to install the entire XFree86
> distribution. I suspect it's not a single package. Is there a list
> somewhere?

XFree86 is in
ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.2.1-release/x11/. There is
in fact just one file to install if you want everything, XFree86-4.3.0,1.tbz.

You may also consider using Xorg, which is now the default windowing system
for FreeBSD, and whose packages you can find in
ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5-current/Latest/. Also, I
personally only use the ports collection, which is always more up-to-date and
(I think) easier to use. If you're impatient or have a slow computer,
however, packages are better.

-David

--
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please