5.3 & ipfilter

David Syphers dsyphers at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 7 19:38:46 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 07:30 pm, JJB wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. But you did not answer my first question. I
> did not ask if ipfilter_enable="YES" was still valid in 5.3, but if
> the ipfilter bootable module is still included in 5.3 and auto
> loaded by the ipfilter_enable="YES" in rc.conf?

I don't know, actually... I don't use ipfilter myself. I probably wasn't the
right person to try to answer your email  :)

> Since 5.3 is currently going through the weekly testing cycle as
> prep for becoming stable I would think this is the appropriate time
> to submit a 5.3 bug report to change the default kernel source so it
> contains the PFIL_HOOKS.

Yes, or ask on the current@ list whether this is a planned MFC (and if not,
why not). But PFIL_HOOKS is included in GENERIC by default, so I'm not sure
it's that big an issue - you'd have to specifically disable it.

-David

--
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please
Reinstall Universe And Reboot. +++