Post Install Configuration Issues (ruby18 error)

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Mon Sep 6 11:11:46 PDT 2004

Dustin wrote:
> It's a fresh install of FreeBSD 5.2.1 REL, installed the "kern-developer" mode of install, immediately after install did the following:
>
> -installed cvsup-without-gui
> -updated ports tree using cvsup
> -attempted to install portupgrade from port and received following error:
>

> Ruby18 error
> dependency warning: used openssl version contains known vulnerabilities
> pleas update or define either WITH_OPENSSL_BASE or WITH_OPENSSL_PORT
> *** Error code 1
>

> I then installed ruby18 from port using "make install clean", and then installed portupgrade, this time I received no errors.
>

> Then I attempted to run "portsdb -uU", and received the following errors:
>

> core dumped ruby18 portsdb
>

> What am I doing wrong here?
>

> -Dustin

This is an ongoing issue with portsdb/ruby.
The way I see it, there are some easy fixes out there

0. install portindex
1. cvsup (as you did)
2. run portindex - this takes a while the 1st time.
3. run portindexdb
4. pkgdb -afuF (or what ever parms you use)
5. portversion -vL= (this dumps out the ports that need updating)
6. portupgrade -a (or what ever parms you use.

Another way: - this changes the default database (btriev) to hash

setenv PORTS_DBDRIVER bdb1_hash

then run your portdb -u
In fact, I opted for this one. I now run my ports tree updating scripts
as I did BEFORE these issues.

--
Best regards,
Chris

The organization of any program reflects the organization
of the people who developed it.