portupgrade, portsdb -U failing, ruby dumping core

kstewart kstewart at owt.com
Fri Sep 3 13:16:49 PDT 2004

On Friday 03 September 2004 01:04 pm, Nico Meijer wrote:
> Hey Kent,
>
> > I am only seeing it on 5.3-beta. I use portindex to genereate INDEX on my
> > 4.x machines and ruby isn't dumping on them.
>
> One of my 4.10-p2 servers exhibited the same behaviour with portsdb -u
> (after 'make index' in /usr/ports).
>
> Haven't touched the rest, yet... ;-)
>
> Kaboom, it said... Nico

I have been following the comments. I thought that is was strange that it only
happended for me on 5.3-beta. I have a very different mix of ports on 5.x and
your environment affects the "make index". My cvsup mirror updates at 30
minutes after the hour  on the odd numbered hours and so what I was using was
the same mirror state on 4.x and 5.x.

FWIW, a "make fetchindex" on 5.x also died. Something has happened that is
beyond Kris' test  script.

kent

--
Kent Stewart