portupgrade, portsdb -U failing, ruby dumping core

Steve Hodgson steve at acidy.com
Fri Sep 3 12:18:08 PDT 2004

> I hate to add a "me too," but, well, me too.  I'm running
> 5.2.1-RELEASE, not
> running portindex, and didn't have trouble until the instructions
> from /usr/ports/UPDATING.  Haven't tried to move and re-cvsup
> /usr/ports. Anyone else have success via this route?
>
> Evan

Nope, didn't work for me

I've deinstalled kde,gnome,ruby and portupgrade (and now reinstalled them).
I've removed the ports tree and that didn't work. Given that it appears to
be a problem in the ports tree (someone [sorry, I've deleted the email] said
they have narrowed it down), I was planning on leaving it for now and just
cvsupping regularly.

Not much help I guess

Steve