Package version problem with portupgrade(1)

Mark Ovens mark at ukug.uk.freebsd.org
Fri Sep 3 11:21:33 PDT 2004

kstewart wrote:
> His PACKAGESITE environment variable is set to a wrong location. I think that
> he needs to set it using something like
>
> setenv PACKAGESITE
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable/All

Thanks Kent, but it didn't work. Setting it made it search in
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/All. I eventually found
that it's PKG_SITES that needs setting (and you don't include 'All')
after trawling through pkgtools.conf. Unfortunately it's not documented
in the portupgrade manpage.

Anyway, I've got it all working now - thanks for the push in the right
direction, and thanks Phil too for the input.

Regards,

Mark