FreeBSD 4.10R/moused vs USB Mouse on an IBM A31p

Anish Mistry mistry.7 at osu.edu
Fri Sep 3 08:32:47 PDT 2004

On Thursday 02 September 2004 11:59 pm, ulairi wrote:
> I's confuzzled (and such).
>
> usbd picks up the rodent without a problem and spins up moused with
> appropriate options (-p /dev/ums0 -I /var/run/moused.ums0.pid).
>
> Some simple tests:
> $ sudo moused -p /dev/ums0 -i all
> /dev/ums0 usb sysmouse generic
>
> $ sudo moused -d -f -p /dev/ums0
> moused: proto params: f8 80 00 00 8 00 ff
> moused: port: /dev/ums0  interface: usb  type: sysmouse  model: generic
>
> Nothing else happens when I move the mouse or click buttons.
>
> In 'dmesg' output, I see:
> ums0: Microsoft Microsoft IntelliMouse\M-. Explorer, rev 2.00/4.19, addr 2,
> iclass 3/1 ums0: 5 buttons
>
> Help?

I have this exact mouse.  It currently doesn't work due to either a) funny
issues with our USB HID support or b) funny stuff with the mouse.
I'm highly inclined to say a) which I'm working on a fix in -CURRENT, but
it'll at the very least be several weeks till the fix is ready for
consumsion.  Either use the PS/2 adapter which works fine if your laptop has
a port, or get a new mouse (I know it's a nice mouse with excellent
tracking).

--
Anish Mistry