Linux emulators

Andrey Simonenko simon at comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua
Fri Sep 3 03:31:21 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 23:57:26 -0300 (ART) in lucky.freebsd.questions, E. J. Cerejo wrote:
> Hello I'm running fbsd 4.10 and i would like to run
> linux emulator but I see 3 versions in ports, does it
> matter which one I install and do I have to add
> anything to make.conf if I choose to use one other
> than the one that is default?

As I understand you are asking about emulators/linux_base* ports.

They are different, just compare list of distfiles in their
Makefiles and which one you need to install depends on applications
you are going to run under Linux compatibility mode (shared libraries
dependencies for example).  Handbook has a good explanation about
Linux compatibility mode and information about installation of
additional shared libraries.  There isn't any sense to duplicate it
here.