sandisk sd 256MB freebsd install

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Thu Sep 2 13:34:53 PDT 2004

> Greetings:
>
> My goal is to make a minimal install of FBSD on a 256 MB sandisk
> memory card.  I have a usb card reader and I was wondering if there
> exists any instructions on how to perform the install out on the web.
> I tried googling for it and found nothing useful.

I've performed this:

http://neon1.net/misc/minibsd.html

a few times, and it's great. Takes some getting used to, but you can
customize and do almost anything with it. Note that in order for it to
boot, you must be able to boot from USB on your motherboard, or buy a
flash card -> IDE converer.

Good luck!

Steve