can't install ndiswrapper

John DeStefano deesto at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 19:04:37 PDT 2004

--- Radek Kozlowski <radek at raadradd.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 06:10:29PM -0700, John DeStefano wrote:
> > I'm trying to install the ndiswrapper package to enable support for
> my
> > NIC (onboard or wireless).
> Ndiswrapper is a linux project. The thing you're probably looking for
> is
> called NDISulator aka Project Evil, written by Bill Paul. NDISulator
> is
> available on -CURRENT and 5.3-BETA, but after some tweaking can also
> be
> installed on 5.2.1-RELEASE. Check ndis(4) and ndiscvt(8) for more
> info.

Yes; thanks, that's where this all started... problem for me is I don't
have a /sys/modules/ndis directory (or even sys/compat/ndis), even
though I have installed 5.2.1-RELEASE. That's why I was trying to get
this Linux package to work.  I'll gladly take any further help I can
get.

> -Radek

Thanks Radek,
~John