howto software raid under FreeBSD?

Matthias F. Brandstetter haimat at lame.at
Sun Oct 31 14:36:54 PST 2004

---------- quoting Emanuel Strobl ----------
> > Problem is, that man page says "atacontrol rebuild" is only valid on
> > RAID capable ATA controllers. But since I have no such controller, I
> > can't use this command.
>
> I don't know why this is in the man page, last time I read it (some
> years ago) it was not in there.
> You can use the rebuild command also on non-raid controllers, at least
> it was possible for me when I did some tests about 3 months ago.

Ok thx for that. Only one last question: Is it enough to just dd onto 2nd
disk, create the raid via atacontrol and edit fstab to "ar0" to use it on
root partition as well?

Thx again for your help!
Greetings, Matthias

--
Homer: Aw, Marge, kids, I miss my club.

Marge: Oh, Homey.  You know, you are a member of a very exclusive
 club.

Homer: The Black Panthers?

     Homer the Great