howto software raid under FreeBSD?

Matthias F. Brandstetter haimat at lame.at
Sun Oct 31 14:33:48 PST 2004

---------- quoting Emanuel Strobl ----------
> I don't know why this is in the man page, last time I read it (some
> years ago) it was not in there.
> You can use the rebuild command also on non-raid controllers, at least
> it was possible for me when I did some tests about 3 months ago.
> As I can see you're considering gmirror, perhaps that's the better
> solution for you. In all cases, simulate a drive failure, so you do know
> what to do when one drive really fails.

Any docs for gmirror except man page out there anywhere? Something like how
to use it for root file system, how to convert a non-gmirror system,
kernel configuration etc.

Greets, Matthias

--
Pfft.  Now you tell me.

  -- Homer Simpson, finding out that working at a nuclear
      plant can make one sterile
     I Married Marge