howto software raid under FreeBSD?

Matthias F. Brandstetter haimat at lame.at
Sun Oct 31 10:42:03 PST 2004

---------- quoting Emanuel Strobl ----------
> You can use 'atacontrol detach' then powerdown, replace the drive and
> after booting you can 'atacontrol addspar ar0 ad6' (or what ever drive
> and array failed) and 'atacontrol rebuild ar0'.

Problem is, that man page says "atacontrol rebuild" is only valid on RAID
capable ATA controllers. But since I have no such controller, I can't use
this command.

How can I rebuild the array on a normal ATA controller?
Greetings, Matthias

--
Marge, I ate those fancy soaps you bought for the bathroom.

  -- Homer Simpson
     The Front