howto software raid under FreeBSD?

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 14:29:59 PDT 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:17:05 +0200, Matthias F. Brandstetter
<haimat at lame.at> wrote:

> I never ever had any diffuiculties or hatches with software raids on Linux
> systems.

You got me wrongly. The primary reason why "I" would make a RAID is
fault tolerance. In case of hardware RAIDs, rebuilding a sick RAID is
without any troubles. On the other hand for software RAIDs its quite a
trouble (atleast I am not confortablw with it, maybe I am biased
towards hardware). Also I guess you didn't notice that I mentioned
about the performance issues too.

Regards
S.

--