5.2.1, installed Mozilla -- X reverses background colors when used!!

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Sat Oct 30 08:57:17 PDT 2004

At Sat, 30 Oct 2004 it looks like Matthew Seaman composed:

> This sounds to me as if you're simply using a display which isn't
> running at least 24bit colour depth.  All that's happening is that
> Mozilla is installing its own colour map in the X server -- so when
> you move your mouse pointer into or out of the Mozilla window, your
> whole display switches from the default colour map to the Mozilla
> colour map or back again.  ie.  it's not a bug.  It's a feature of
> your graphics setup.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

Thanks Matthew,

I will go in and do some edits to my XF86Config file after backing
it up.

(question)

It's an integrated SiS, 32mb video chipset and I was also
wondering the command that best works like "lspci -v" on other Unix
variants.  I wanted to get a more accurate output if the video
cards attributes as the FreeBSD operating sees it.

I did also try Netscape7 and it did the same thing.  Only two
current browser perform normally without any changes and those
are:  Opera and Konqueror

Thanks.

--
Bill Schoolcraft           | Life's journey is not to arrive at the
PO Box 210076              | grave safely in a well preserved body,