Sendmail Anti-Spam

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Fri Oct 29 16:53:19 PDT 2004

Sean Murphy wrote:

> I want to add an anti-spam solution to sendmail.  I was wondering what
> solution you chose for server side anti-spam and how well it works for
> you.

A few months ago I tried amavisd-new in the "Sendmail Dual" configuration
with clamav for antivirus and SpamAssassin for spam.

I tried and tried and fed it lots of test spam ('cause quite a bit of it was
passing.)

My next attempt will be "relaydelay"  ---

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/relaydelay/

--- can't say as I've figured it out yet.  If you're a Sendmail Guru,
there's
quite a bit of stuff to help within Sendmail itself, from what I can
tell ---
but I'm not.

FBSD has switched to Postfix for their server(s).  Bill Moran recently
gave a talk to a UG in Ohio on the subject, using Postfix  ... he has
slides up somewhere on potentialtech.com ....

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey