Sound volume in KDE3.3

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Fri Oct 29 15:01:19 PDT 2004

On Friday 29 October 2004 02:37 pm, Andreas Davour wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Kent Stewart wrote:
> > On Friday 29 October 2004 02:06 pm, Andreas Davour wrote:
> >> Since I did my last cvsup I have had many annoying problems, many
> >> related to firefox. This about KDE is even more annoying.
> >>
> >> So, is there any permanent solution to the KDE setting my volume to 0?
> >> I saw some reply to the problem about removing a file somewhere, which
> >> didn't stop the volume from reset to zero after a reboot.
> >>
> >> Can I make kmix remember my settings somehow? I'm beginning to tired of
> >> running kmix every time I start up just to raise the volume.
> >
> > That is one of the configuration options.
>
> You're refering to the "Restore volumes on login" clickbox? I tried
> that, and it didn't work. That's why I'm getting annoyed. Maybe I should
> just pkg_delete both firefox and KDE and start over then.

Yes, that is the option. I have had irritating things happen and finally
deleted the .kde directory in my home spot. You have to prepare because you
lose all of your bookmarks and etc. and you want to back them up. It usually
turned out to be something else such as power options but you never know.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA