howto software raid under FreeBSD?

Matthias F. Brandstetter haimat at lame.at
Fri Oct 29 14:55:50 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I want to create a software RAID 1 of two same disks. Coming from Linux I
am used to the very simple /etc/raidtab files. Now I looked into vinum
docs in FreeBSD handbook, and it seems somewhat difficult to me.

So my question is: Is vinum the only way to create a software RAID 1 from
two ATA disks? I've read about ccd, but after reading its man page I do
not tend to it.

Hope you guys can help me!
Greetings, Matthias

--
Hey, if you want wild bears eatin' your children and scarin' your
salmon, that's your business.  But I'm not gonna take it!  Who's with

  -- Homer Simpson
     Much Apu About Nothing