mentor

Khoi - San Zulu khoi_san_x at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 00:27:15 PDT 2004

I need a mentor please. Are there any people out there
willing to help. a few months back, I was given the
freebsd disks as a gift from a gentleman i met through
happenstance. I am becoming a bit frustrated now that
I wish to install packages like ntop that has
dependencies upon dependencies or packages in the
/usr/ports/graphics directory, such as gd, when ntop
is looking for gd1 directory ...argh....... I am using
freebsd 5.0.

I do not have any programming or compiling experience,
past what i have done, ps, i have actually installed
packages using the pkg_add -r commands. for an M$ guy
that knows nothing, it was a feat!!!! i pretty please
need someone who can explain the concept of this OS.
ie how things work, and has experience in helping
complete dunces like myself.

thanking you with this regard.

once again, you guys are all great from my last set of
questions way back in january.......

yours sincerely
adam