what KERNEL entry for an AWE64?

Brian Bobowski bbobowski at cogeco.ca
Thu Oct 28 16:27:43 PDT 2004

Gary Kline wrote:

>	Thanks, I'lll give it a try.   (This is an *old* card,
>	circa 1998-9 that I never used... .)
>
>	gary

If it's ISA old and emu10k1 doesn't work, you might also want to try the
snd_sb16 driver. Or even snd_sb8. But if emu10k1 doesn't work my first
option would still be snd_driver for the generic set - but be warned
that, as another person on this list has recently discovered, if
attempts to poll your card produce what it thinks is a match when it's
not, this can cause problems. (At least I can only presume that's what
happened.)