Zend Studio Installed & Not

Jason Dusek jason-dusek at uiowa.edu
Wed Oct 27 18:56:13 PDT 2004

I tried to install Zend Studio today, but after make all something funny
happened: it popped up a window and started asking me questions. I told it to
cancel - I'd run the install target later.

When I try to run install, I get this:

   # make install
   ===>  Installing for ZendStudio-3.5.1
   ===>   ZendStudio-3.5.1 depends on file: /compat/linux/etc/redhat-release -
   found
   ===>   Generating temporary packing list
   ===>  Checking if devel/zendstudio already installed
   pkg_info: package bsdpan-IO-stringy-2.109 has no origin recorded
   pkg_info: package bsdpan-OLE-Storage_Lite-0.13 has no origin recorded
   pkg_info: package bsdpan-Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.2603 has no origin recorded
   ===>   ZendStudio-3.5.1 is already installed
         You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
         by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
         If you really wish to overwrite the old port of devel/zendstudio
         without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
         in your environment or the "make install" command line.
   *** Error code 1

so then I run make deinstall:

   # make deinstall
   ===>  Deinstalling for devel/zendstudio
   pkg_info: package bsdpan-IO-stringy-2.109 has no origin recorded
   pkg_info: package bsdpan-OLE-Storage_Lite-0.13 has no origin recorded
   pkg_info: package bsdpan-Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.2603 has no origin recorded
   ===>   ZendStudio not installed, skipping

I forced the install, by setting "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER" like it says above, and
now I have a copy of Zend Studio that doesn't work. The uninstall script that
comes with Zend Studio is the only thing that works. What is the problem with my
ports tree?

_jason