mplayerplugin on 5.3-beta7: what gives?

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Wed Oct 27 17:22:50 PDT 2004

	People,

	Here I'm running 4.10 anf the mplayerplugin port works
	nicely with mozilla.  On my laptop I've got 5.3-BETA7.
	mplayerplugin shows up, it pretends to be loading for
	a few seconds.  It says "Playing kuow.org" ... but
	no sound.

	Here, it pops up, then spends some N seconds buffering,
	and then the audio is loud and clear.  I just spent
	two days portupgrading -fa on my laptop.  No difference.
	Anybody know what's going on?

	gary

	PS:  I'm almost ready to try 5.3-RELEASE #2 on another
	     server... will see if I can shuck every proprietary
	     audio app.  --FWIW.

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix