Serious investigations into UNIX and Windows

TM4525 at aol.com TM4525 at aol.com
Tue Oct 26 10:32:30 PDT 2004

In a message dated 10/26/04 12:24:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
micheal at tsgincorporated.com writes:
> If you think that administering a Windows server is so simple then
> answer the following test:
>
> How do you lock down an Exchange 5.5 server to prevent a spammer from
> using it as a relay.

So who was the one who said either was "easy"?

I said it takes a higher
talent level to generally administer a un*x box than a windows box. I don't
think that just because you can think of something thats not easy to do
in windows makes any point at all. The fact that a un*x guy had
to be called in to solve the problem says alot about the type of talent that
is required to do most things that windows techs do.