perl vs php round 1

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Oct 25 23:36:53 PDT 2004

Please don't post your reply on top of the quoted text and trim the
quotes instead of including the entire original message verbatim :-/

On 2004-10-26 08:27, Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:19:48 +0300, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
> > This can be done just as easily with mod_perl as with php.  It all
> > depends on the level of abstraction that you choose to write your
> > HTML pages in.
>
> Dame you, now i still don't know which one to use PS what about python
> ? Doesn't google and nasa use python, i wonder why. It has defenatly
> the coolest name meaning i can make phyton aplications sounds way
> cooler then perl or php or java :P

I'd appreciate it if you stopped using "damn", "damned", their derivatives or
other possibly offensive terms in a mailing list with thousands of subscribers.

If you are only learning how PHP or mod_perl works, it doesn't really matter.
Learn whatever you find it easier to install and configure.  If you have a
specific application with specific needs in mind, it would help if you
described it in more detail.

PS: I am not sure if Python can be embedded in HTML pages.  I bet someone has
already written a mod_python or something similar for Apache, but I don't use
Python so I don't know any details.