Netgear WG511 (no driver attached)

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Mon Oct 25 19:57:53 PDT 2004

Glenn Sieb said the following on 10/23/2004 4:49 PM:

> After some digging, and some emails back & forth to Matt Juszczak, I
> found this driver: http://green.homeunix.org/~green/prism54-driver/pff/
>
> Compiled it, installed it and *puf* my card came up! :)

Now... I installed KWirelessMonitor... the graphics come up & such
fine... but it can't seem to connect to device pff0... now... funny
thing is--the card's in, it's working... but there's no /dev/pff0

My gut says there *should be* a /dev/pff0--right?

How do I make this happen.. I've tried adding:

perm   pff0   0644

To /etc/devfs.conf to (no surprise really) no avail. I'm running
5.3-STABLE [RC1 cvsup'd]. I'm kind of new at adding device drivers &
such, so I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong (or even *if* I'm
doing something wrong....)

Any help is, as always, greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Glenn

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759