Serious investigations into UNIX and Windows

pete wright nomadlogic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 09:39:22 PDT 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:25:21 EDT, tm4525 at aol.com <tm4525 at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 10/25/04 11:48:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> nomadlogic at gmail.com writes:
> > There's also less documentation, fewer resources, etc. So its more
> difficult
> > to be proficient in unix than in windows.
> >
> >what are you talking about "less documentation" for Unix?!?  What
> >"Unix" are you referring to...Solaris...HPUX..AIX...BSD?  I'm sorry to
> >bite on this flame bait but i've been tracking your posts for some
> >time now and I really don't understand where you get these ideas from?
> Let's see. The mailing list is "freebsd-questions". Hmmm. I wonder.
>
> Perhaps the word "logic" in your domain name needs tweaking?

OK aside from personal attacks, I'm still confused as to where you
derived the fact that "Unix" (which I suppose you do not mean as the
generic term for a type of multiuser operating system, but infact BSD
which is not technically UNIX) has less documentation than Windows.  I
can't remember the last time I typed:
> man net

on anything like that on a win box.

Now I would grant that Microsoft *does* have the MSCE mill....now I'm
not sure if that would equate them documenting thier products....

-p